BMC and Fire Brigade rules for buildings with glass facades:
- Every floor must have a two-way opening measuring 5×5 ft in the wall, as access points for rescue workers. They must properly labelled as ‘Emergency Exit’.
- The distance between building structure and glass facade must not be more than 300 mm
- Smoke seals made of non-combustible material must be laid between building structure and glass facade.
- To restrict spread of fire, there must be an automatic water curtain system on each floor
- Each ceiling must have a pop-up vent, which can be easily reached from the floor, to be integrated with the smoke detection system
- All glass walls must not have any coating of combustible materials like plastic, and must be designed to resist fire for atleast 2 hours more..
About the author
Copyright © 2014 Fire Safety Nation. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Apex Serve
Your feedback has been received.